9 Foods You Need to Improve Your Mood
It's easy to feel overwhelmed with just how busy life gets. And stress can often take its toll on both the mind and the body. When feeling stressed many people reach for junk food which can only make things worse. Next time instead of having a sugary snack try eating something healthy as food is one of the best natural health remedies. Eating a balanced diet that is healthy and nutritionally balanced has been scientifically proven to help radiate positive feelings, but it can be challenging to maintain when you’re having a bad day. A good idea is to keep unhealthy foods out of the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets and instead try stocking some of the foods on the list instead. The following are just some of the foods on the list that you might want to keep instead. These foods are proven to make you feel better along with aiding in weight loss. The good news is that the list includes chocolate so that you won't feel deprived.
1. First on the list of foods as natural medicines are everyone favorite, chocolate. Just thinking about chocolate can put a smile on your face, and might surprise many that it can help aid in weight loss and make you feel happy at the same time. Chocolate contains many antioxidants with dark chocolate containing the most. Chocolate also contains magnesium, which can trigger your vessels to relax, which in turn causes lower blood pressure and increased circulation. So next time you are feeling stress try having a chocolate bar with at least 70 percent cocoa which will help to reduce anxiety, alleviate PMS in women, depression, and fatigue. Try enjoying dark chocolate about two to three times a week.
2. The next food on the list of foods as natural medicines is coffee, which is good news for people who enjoyed the drink on a daily basis. Coffee is said to help disperse brain fog helping you to make better decisions. The popular drink is renowned for its increase in dopamine and serotonin, both chemicals in the body that can help relieve negative emotions.
3. Berries are another food on the list of foods as natural cures. Instead of starting the day with sugary cereals try having berries on top of some yogurt or healthy granola. Berries contain anthocyanidin which helps to reduce inflammations in the body along with decreasing depression rates. Try including strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and more into your daily diet. You can freeze whole berries for a healthy snack throughout the day, and add them to smoothies for a healthy drink. Berries are mood-stabilizing fruits that include antioxidants that are good for your skin and help fight aging.
4. Walnuts. Nuts and seeds, especially walnuts, are a natural cure that might be rich in calories and dense in fat but are crucial to a healthy balanced diet. Walnuts are an excellent mid-morning snack that contains a compound known as melatonin, which helps to induce sleep and may reduce heart disease, prevent diabetes, and help to combat the stress hormone. Walnuts also contribute to glowing skin and shiny hair. It's a good idea to eat walnuts in moderation for a healthy snack.
5. Pasta. This mood booster might surprise some, but carbs are known for helping to lift your spirits and your energy levels. Pasta contains little fat and is a great source of complex carbohydrates which help to fill you up and release serotonin as well. Enjoy a small portion of whole wheat pasta with a balanced meal to boost endorphins and release vitamin B into the body.
This article on natural health remedies is just one of the things you will find on the Brightside site. Other ideas you will find include inspiration, creative ideas, wonder and more. **
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Brightside